Skip to main content

We GOT IT!!!

After weeks of waiting, and biting our nails...like SERIOUSLY I have no nails left...we heard from our Loan Officer.  And the verdict is (drum roll, please)...

We have the green light to move forward!  I could have screamed when I heard the news.  I was fully prepared to hear we couldn't do it, or we needed a bazillion other documents.  I've been working on this whole "positivity breeds positivity" kick lately.  That mindset really works.  She's sent the blue letter over to Ryan Homes telling them everything is ay-okay.  SQEEEEEEEE!

So now we wait for them to break ground, which should be sometime next week.  It was originally planned for this Friday but that's ok.  I'm just overjoyed that we can move forward.  If all goes well, we should be in our new home before Thanksgiving!

Sorry for the short post, but that's all I got.  I'll leave you with a picture of our model home, which is pretty much what our home will look like.

River Oaks Model Home-Rome

Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS TIFFANY! TAKE PLENTY OF PICTURES TO CHRONICLE YOUR JOURNEY! I LOOK BACK AT MY PICTURES AND JUST SAY WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flooring & Bathroom Selections

Ever taken a trip to the Lowes tile department?  Did you feel like the walls were closing in around you?  I often wonder how many divorces take place because of fights that broke out on those aisles.  It was time for us to make our flooring selections and since I'm keeping it 100% real with y'all, I was scared shitless!!!  We had a conservative figure of $10K in mind.  Did I say conservative??? We arrived at our flooring appointment a little early (only about 10 minutes because we're very punctual people).  I feel like my time is precious and others' time is equally important so we avoid being late at all costs.  Our flooring rep (FR) didn't seem very excited to see us.  She greeted us with pleasantries that seemed a bit...er...umm...forced.  I could see steam coming from hubby's ears so I continued to smile and remain as upbeat  as possible.  Apparently this office was just taken over by her company and the previous company still has all of it's samples i

We Took a Trip to Rome

Ok, so we didn't go to Rome the city.  It was suggested by a friend that we visit a new subdivision called River Oaks.  Her family just built there and we were discussing the layouts of our homes.  I may have mentioned that if we  EVER  built again I'd make a few changes.  I told her we weren't in the market to build because we currently live in a Ryan Homes Victoria (not to be confused with the Victoria Falls), that was built in 2008.  It's a beautiful home with vaulted ceilings and an open foyer. What we didn't know at the time was how much of an energy sucker those pretty ceilings and foyer are.  We also never realized how the layout of our home wasn't very functional for our family.  I mean, it doesn't really leave much room to grow (not that we plan on growing).   I'm not saying it's not a good home, not at all! A few weeks ago I convinced the hubby to go visit the model home.  The model, called the Rome, was absolutely stunning.  It doesn'